Obedience 1 Enrollment
Learn the foundation of good behavior and obedience as well as communication between you and your dog.
- Standard: $230.00
- Veteran: $149.50 (Veteran price. ID required.)
- Reserve: $25.00 (non-refundable)
Class Schedule (6 sessions)
- Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 1:00pm
- Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 1:00pm
- Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 1:00pm
- Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 1:00pm
- Sunday, October 30, 2022 at 1:00pm
- Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 1:00pm
Upon successful payment, you will be directed to the registration page where you will need to complete your basic information as well as your dogs health information.
Syllabus for Obedience 1
Learn the foundation of good behavior and obedience as well as communication between you and your dog. This class is for dogs 6 months or older.
- Watch & Touch
- Luring, Reward Placement
- Marker & Release Words
- Sit, Down & Stand
- Place Elevated: Get on & Down
- Paws Intro
- Front position
- Heel Position
- Advancing "Watch"
- Leash Handling, Pressure, & Corrections
- Loose Leash Walking – Communication
- Drop-it (or out)
- Loose leash walking (Speed & Direction change)
- Paws: Go to & Stay
- Leave It
- Come when Called
- Stay/Wait at the door
- more Come when Called
- Confidence building: tethering
- Stay adding movement
- Fix your Leash
- Place Elevated: Go to & Stay
- Pass the Puppy (Friendly Strangers)
- Stand for Grooming / Stand still / Stand stay
First Class Only Please Bring:
- Proof of Veterinary Care (AKA – Record of Vaccinations)
- Payment for Course in full or the remainder due after your deposit.
- Veterans with a Veteran ID or DD214 please ask about our Veteran Discount!
Bring to Every Class:
- Leash attached to your dogs flat collar, Martingale collar, or training tool you use.
- Please no “flexi”, extendable leashes, or bungee leashes and no Harnesses,
- Treat Rewards or Toys for your pup (please no squeaking toys)
- Poo bags / Clean up kit
- Treat pouch strongly encouraged.