Dogs learn to alert to your high or low sugar level. No Prerequisite required. However we strongly suggest a lot of obedience before attempting this course.
- Learning the Alert Concept
- Where to alert
- How to Alert
- Collecting your Samples
- Using your samples
- Learning the scent
- Pairing the scent to the alert
- Fading the verbal/gestural cue
- Creating a consistent alert
- Creating a persistent alert
- Relying on scent only
- Fading false positives
- Fading false positives continued
- Intelligent Disobedience
- Be Patient
For your first class please arrive a little early if possible. I'll need to see that you have the following items with you:
First Class Only Please Bring:
- Proof of Veterinary Care (AKA – Record of Vaccinations)
- Payment for Course in full or the remainder due after your deposit.
- Signed Waiver for the Course.
Bring to Every Class:
- Leash attached to your dogs flat collar, Martingale collar, or training tool you use.
- Please no “flexi” or extendable leashes, also no bungee leashes.
- Treat Rewards or Toys for your pup (please no squeaking toys)
- Poo bags / Clean up kit
- Treat pouch strongly encouraged.
- Standard: $230.00
- Reserve: $10.00 (non-refundable)