Obedience 1 Enrollment
Learn the foundation of good behavior and obedience as well as communication between you and your dog.
- Standard: $230.00
- Veteran: $149.50 (Veteran price. ID required.)
- Reserve: $25.00 (non-refundable)
Class Schedule (6 sessions)
- Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 11:30am
- Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 11:30am
- Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 11:30am
- Sunday, October 23, 2022 at 11:30am
- Sunday, October 30, 2022 at 11:30am
- Sunday, November 6, 2022 at 11:30am
Syllabus for Obedience 1
Learn the foundation of good behavior and obedience as well as communication between you and your dog. This class is for dogs 6 months or older.
- Watch & Touch
- Luring, Reward Placement
- Marker & Release Words
- Sit, Down & Stand
- Place Elevated: Get on & Down
- Paws Intro
- Front position
- Heel Position
- Advancing "Watch"
- Leash Handling, Pressure, & Corrections
- Loose Leash Walking – Communication
- Drop-it (or out)
- Loose leash walking (Speed & Direction change)
- Paws: Go to & Stay
- Leave It
- Come when Called
- Stay/Wait at the door
- more Come when Called
- Confidence building: tethering
- Stay adding movement
- Fix your Leash
- Place Elevated: Go to & Stay
- Pass the Puppy (Friendly Strangers)
- Stand for Grooming / Stand still / Stand stay
First Class Only Please Bring:
- Proof of Veterinary Care (AKA – Record of Vaccinations)
- Payment for Course in full or the remainder due after your deposit.
- Veterans with a Veteran ID or DD214 please ask about our Veteran Discount!
Bring to Every Class:
- Leash attached to your dogs flat collar, Martingale collar, or training tool you use.
- Please no “flexi”, extendable leashes, or bungee leashes and no Harnesses,
- Treat Rewards or Toys for your pup (please no squeaking toys)
- Poo bags / Clean up kit
- Treat pouch strongly encouraged.